This recipe is by Angela Henery (@AngelaH57 on Twitter)
A very hungry man appears in the kitchen, and I suggested an omelet as a quick and tasty option!
1½oz Cheese (Grated)
¼ medium sized Red Onion
2 tsp. Oil
Peas (definitely optional)
- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl, season with black pepper and whisk
- Put oil in frying pan and heat
- When oil is hot agitate the pan to coat it with the oil and add the onion, it’s at this point my assistant (hungry man) reappears and adds a few peas to the pan, fry these and the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs (again agitate the pan to spread the egg out evenly) and after few seconds sprinkle the grated cheese over the top.
- Leave on a gentle heat until the egg looks set on the top.
- Now flip it over just to ensure it cooks through (leaving it on this side for about 30 seconds)
- Fold in two in the pan and slide out onto a plate.
I am informed that this was good with chips, however it could be served on its own or with a salad.
I used Essential Waitrose English cheddar (4 Strength) as it needs to be a good tasty cheese.